Monday, November 30, 2009

31 Days to the New Year

31 days before the end of the first decade of the 21st century. When you think of the coming New Year in these terms it's kind of crazy. Do you remember where you were a decade ago? Do you remember what you were hoping, planning, dreaming to achieve in your life? Were you successful or did life intervene and your goals went by the waste side?



I know a decade ago when we entered the millennium I was still in High School and was looking forward to college with no clear definite goals for what to do for work. So I think my last decade was fairly productive. I graduated high school, graduated college with a BA, got married, finished my teaching credential and had a baby. Two of my major life changes, the addition of the husband and baby, where both happy surprises, God has blessed me infinitely over the last decade. I can only hope that the next decade is just as fun and productive with many new and exciting twists and turns.

So what do you hope to accomplish in the next decade? Do you want to be improved in some way? Do you want to be healthier? or skinnier? better wife? richer? living a simpler life? better Christian? Know your friends on a deeper level? or overall just be a better person? Contribute to the world in some way? There are so many things a person can do in their life in a decade, what do you want to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment