Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New Respect

So I've only been doing student teaching for one week and it's been super crazy. I love it but it's super hard leaving Isabella with my Mom every morning. She's the one who gets to see her every smile and laugh during the day. Not to mention feeling rushed every morning, it sucks. I can deal with having to do something and go somewhere but to have a very specific time that you are mandated to be somewhere is horrible. All those working moms who have to do this every morning since their babies were like 2 months old and they are leaving their kids with a nanny, I don't think I could do it. I know that any woman worth her salt can do anything she has to but I think it would kill me every single morning. At least I know that I will be back to normal in 6 1/2 weeks. I have an end date.

I was talking to a couple of moms at the school that I'm working at and they were telling me that they were relieved when they were able to get back to work. This tells me that not everyone thinks the same way I do. How were all of you when you had to go back to work? relieved? disappointed? sad? Am I in the minority or the majority?

For all you working mom's I have great respect for you because I'm going crazy doing this for a few weeks and you all do it everyday for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment