Friday, August 14, 2009

The Joy of Parenting




Last night as I started to go to sleep at 11:00pm my daughter decided to wake up. At first I was annoyed but then I began to remember that God says that all children are a blessing. I have tried to remember this every day when I begin to become tired and run down.









God didn't say that she wasn't a blessing when she wasn't pooping up her back and all over her clothes, or when she bites me while nursing, or when she decides she wants to play at 2:30 in the morning. He didn't say that Isabella was a blessing just between the hours of 9am-6pm when it's convenient for me, I don't get to choose when shes a blessing in my life or what she's doing while she's a blessing. Each and every cry, dirty diaper, midnight wake up call, spit-up down my top, laugh, smile and new skill she learns teaches me how to be a better mom by her blessing me with more patience, perserverance and the ability to find the joy in the middle of it all.

Sometimes it's not always possible to remember that I have so much to be thankful for especially when its been days since I've had more than 4 hrs sleep but everyday I try to look for the joy in the moment. I remember that she's isn't always going to need me for so much, eventually she'll grow up and not want me around; but for now she is dependent on me.


I have been blessed each and everyday with a beautiful, healthy, happy little girl. I can say Amen to that!

How do you remember that your children are a blessing, even when they are having a mega meltdown?

No comments:

Post a Comment