Friday, August 14, 2009

Recipe of the Week

Hawaiian Baked Chicken
Yield 6 servings

12 boneless chicken thighs
2 cans (8 oz each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup Dijon or spicy brown mustard
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 tsp paprika

Step 1:
Arrange chicken in a shallow baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. In small bowl, combine pineapple, broth, mustard, honey and butter; mix well.

Step 2:
Spoon over chicken; sprinkle with paprika. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 30-45 minuets. or until temp reads 180 degrees.


This was the first time I made this recipe for my family and we really enjoyed it. Its simple to make and very delicious and healthy. You can change the quantity and type of chicken to suit your family. I made it with 2 chicken breasts and cut down on the quantity of the sauce to suit just my husband and I. I made it with fried rice to compliment the pacific islander style of the chicken. Most of the ingredients are normally in my pantry so this was a successful and cost effective recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment